Resolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alan Wake

3 posters

Go down

Alan Wake Empty Alan Wake

Post  Kandi Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 pm

ALAN WAKE

If horror games aren't really your thing, I'd still recommend Alan Wake to you. Games to me, are like an interactive movie, in which you get you be the lead role. Alan Wake really knows how to make a game feel like a movie. What makes the game unique is not its' storyline per say, but the way the story is told.

In this game, you are Alan Wake, a famous writer who is going through a writer's block. As a way to get your creative juices flowing, your wife takes you to a little town called Bright Falls. After having a fight with her and finding out she is missing, you find yourself running from the dark and light being your best ally.

The game is broken up into episodes that ALL finish with awesome clifhangers. The music is superb and the characters and town are well built. You also find manuscripts that help develop the story and characters.

Overall, the game play IS repetitive like all horror games...lots of killing meaningless boogies, before you get to an exciting point...but then again, the game does manage to keep your interest due to the unpredictability of the enemies. The A.I is pretty good and the graphics are very well done!
I give Alan Wake a 5 out of 5 because it is a horror game that follows the horror game formula, but feels outside the box.